Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Reason, A Season, and A Lifetime

Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking. I remember a quote I found in high school....some people come into our lives for a reason, and teach us valuable lessons about our selves. some people come into our lives for a season, and after serving their purpose fade out like the winter snow...some people come into our lives for a lifetime and forever change you and will always be there for you.

I used to think of myself as a pretty good judge of character. I always looked for the good in people and looked past the things that some of my friends did, because I knew that they would still do anything for me. 2 years ago, I started the search of who I am...I had realized that after finishing playing basketball, after finishing school, and after starting work that I had never taken the time to find out what I actually enjoyed doing in life. In doing so, I realized that some one I had known my entire life, was no longer there for me like i thought she should be and that her friendship was more important to me, then mine was to her. It was like being punched in the gut. I realized that it wasn't the first time it had happened and that too often I had put my faith in those who had continuously let me down. I would bend over backwards for my friends, but only a few of them would do the same for me. ...through the whole wedding process..I found out who my real friends were, I found out that some of the people in my life that I thought would support me let me down...and I found out that no matter who comes in and out of your life....some people will always be there for you to make up for all those who haven't been.......I told my husband today that I was really hurt by the fact that I had formed a connection with a few people in Tyler...and was hoping that they would be supportive and show their excitement for me and my upcoming wedding...but they never said anything....it made me sad to see how excited they were for other couples who were getting married and couples who were having babies...and not once did they express that attitude to me......He shared with me a statement that helped me more then he probably knows...."i'm sorry that they hurt you, but just think how awesome our family is and how much they love us and are there for us".... My family has just doubled in size after getting married in August, I have even more incredible people to love and get to know. Throughout the past 2 or 3 years, I've lost some of those reason and season people in my life.....but look at what I have gained!!!! I've always felt blessed to have my parents in my life..and now i have 2 sets of them..Joshua's parents are absolutely precious and I feel so blessed to be able to have 2 sources of wisdom on this earth. As much as this year has been one of celebration and change....the end of the year has been one of reflection...figuring who i am as a Mrs.....learning more about what I have to offer to others, and realizing it's okay to let people go...especially if it's their time...they served their purpose in your life..and if they're supposed to be one of those lifetime people....God will send them back in some way....

No comments:

Post a Comment